Large transformers like power transformers need better removal of moisture to prevent aging, improve dielectric properties and reduce mechanical stresses. Vapor phase process uses the most advanced technology in transformer drying to remove the moisture from the insulation.
Vapour Phase Drying (VPD) Can be used to dry transformers of various types like
- Power Transformers
- Instrument Transformers
- CT & VT
Vapour Phase Drying uses Hydrocarbon Vapour (Kerosene) to transfer the heat to the transformer. Since Vapours can reach the most difficult areas of the transformer the drying results are optimum and even. Drying of transformers is done under vacuum to achieve the best results. The process is automatic and programmable by PLC system.
For more information about our process download the Brochure or feel free to contact us.
Advantages of SAVAS Vapor Phase Process
• Drying of Insulation in Various Electrical Parts is required and can take up to 3 weeks by conventional air heating in air & vacuum. VPD can accomplish the same drying in as little as 2 days
• In VPD both heating and drying take place simultaneously.
• Solvent vapours can reach the coldest part of the transformer
• Rapid heating rate e.g. VPD 500-1000 W/m2 oc compared to Air 5-10 W/m2 oc
• Uniform heating to all components of an assembled electrical equipment
• Savas offers modular skid mounted system, designed for optimised installation and maintenance.
AMC and Upgradation
Savas Offers AMC of existing Vapour Phase Drying Plant by any manufacturer. From maintenance to upgradation to optimisation to preventive maintenance to overhauling, Savas offers all services to get full use of your existing VPD systems.
Savas also offers services to convert existing Vacuum Drying Oven to Vapour Phase Drying System.
For more information/ brochure request/ product demo fell free to contact us.